What is… Doomlaser?
I originally wanted to have a place to post projects and maybe talk about the videogames I was writing. As a result, Doomlaser was born.
Since then, I’ve gone on to make several games and worked on quite a few other projects, both solo and with big companies like Niantic and Apple, for Doomlaser and for hire.
But wait a minute, who are you?
My name is Mark Johns. I’m a game developer and freelance software engineer.
What kinds of stuff have you built?
To put ink to screen, I’ve worked on
- Hot Throttle for Adult Swim (with the venerable Cactus)
- Space Barnacle (with Kevin Coulton)
- The Hunger Games iOS title for the Lionsgate movie.
- Das Cube (with Alec Holowka and Danny B)
- Plus more, like Standard Bits, Owl Country, and Shit Game
Indiegames.com – Interview: Mark Johns (Space Barnacle, Rotrix)
FingerGaming – Interview about Tap Tap Revenge / Tap Tap Dance
Kotaku – Tap Tap Transforms from iGame Into iMusic Platform
Video: France’s Arte TV covers Hot Throttle at Babycastles in NYC
Social network links?
My Twitter account. Here’s my GitHub, Giphy, Tumblr, SoundCloud, AngelList, ArtStation, Instagram, and MobyGames profile
I’d like to hire you to work on something, or I’m a spambot